Yearbook ’62

See if you recognize anyone on this page from the 1962 Savitar.

1962 Savitar

1962 Savitar, page 371.

Charles Arensmeier

Charles Arensmeier

Charles Arensmeier
In 2009, the National Association of Agricultural Educators honored Arensmeier, former supervisor of agricultural education for the Michigan Department of Education, with a lifetime achievement award recognizing his dedication to agricultural education. Arensmeier, BS Ag ’62, M Ed ’67, of Okemos, Mich., celebrated another lifetime achievement with wife Ann (Millett), BHS ’62, Aug. 12, 2012: 50 years of marriage.

Cora Austin Harrison

Cora Austin Harrison

Cora Austin Harrison
Harrison, BS Ed ’62, retired after 35 years as a special education teacher with the Special School District of St. Louis County. “I thought I was finished working,” says Harrison, of Manchester, Mo. “But I felt unproductive.” She took a job at the Kirkwood YMCA, and former students walk in with a smile and a wave to her. “It was a privilege to help them in a positive way.”

Nancy Barnes McCue

Nancy Barnes McCue

Nancy Barnes McCue
McCue, BS Ed ’62, M Ed ’64, taught many subjects, but geography was her passion. “I had been teaching geography; now I’m going to experience it,” McCue says. She moved to Rwanda, where she worked for almost three years as an HIV/AIDS program coordinator. Back in Fulton, Mo., she is a counselor at the Kingdom Center for Women’s Ministries.