Chancellor Search Committee Named
Eighteen‐member panel to find replacement for retiring Chancellor Brady J. Deaton.
An 18‐member committee composed of faculty, staff, students, retirees, donors and administrators will conduct the search for a new MU chancellor to replace Brady J. Deaton, who retires Nov. 15.
Other members include:
- James Birchler, Curators Professor of Biological Sciences
- Nick Droege, undergraduate student and Missouri Students Association president
- Joan Gabel, Trulaske College of Business dean
- Anita Hampton, vice chair of communications, Extension State Council, University of Missouri Extension
- Jana Hawley, professor and chair of the Department of Textile and Apparel Management, College of Human Environmental Sciences
- Ellis Ingram Sr., associate dean for diversity and inclusion, and associate professor of pathology and anatomical sciences, School of Medicine
- Tracey Mershon, Mizzou Alumni Association president
- Deborah S. Noble‐Triplett, assistant vice president for academic affairs, University of Missouri System
- James Pace, alumnus, retired CEO of ROM Corp.
- Cheryl B. Schrader, Missouri University of Science & Technology chancellor
- Gary L. Smith, director emeritus of admissions and registrar (retired)
- Rebecca Stafford, Staff Advisory Council chair
- Jinglu Tan, director of the Division of Food Systems and Bioengineering, and professor and chair of the Department of Biological Engineering
- Mitch Wasden, CEO and chief operating officer, MU Health Care
- William Wiebold, professor of plant sciences, College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Jacob ‘Jake’ Wright, doctoral student and Graduate Professional Council president
The UM System announced the committee members July 25. The committee will be assisted by the search firm Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates of suburban Los Angeles, which recently assisted in the search for the new UM System vice president for academic affairs, Hank Foley.