Three Ways You Can Support Mizzou

It’s all about time and talent.

Todd McCubbin, M Ed ’95

Todd McCubbin, M Ed ’95. Photo by Rob Hill.

In my 10 years as executive director of your alumni association, here’s the No. 1 question I get: “What can I do to help Mizzou?”

The three-part answer is an easy one.

Send Mizzou great students, whether they be your children, nieces, nephews, cousins, friends or neighbors. Be sure to mention Mizzou as they consider college. Encourage them to get in touch with our Office of Admissions and schedule a campus visit. Once students visit our beautiful campus and see what Mizzou has to offer, we’ve got a great shot at making them a Tiger.

Become a Mizzou ambassador. Although this might sound official, it’s as simple as sharing the good things about Mizzou with others. Our alumni base can be our best marketing department. For example, take what you learn from MIZZOU magazine and share it with just two others. Undertaking this role also means it’s important to let us know when MU falls short of your expectations. We’ll be listening.

Come back to Mizzou. Reconnect with faculty, visit the places you remember, and explore the many new and updated areas on campus. Spending the time and money to come back means you are invested in Mizzou, so take a good look around to prepare yourself for that ambassador role.

You might be wondering when I was going to ask you to join the Mizzou Alumni Association or donate money. And, yes, I’d love for you to do both. But if alumni regularly support Mizzou with their time and talent, I’m confident that financial support will follow.