Conditions and Contracts
Standards of Advertising Acceptability
The publisher expects that all claims made by advertisers as to performance or guarantee of product or service being advertised can be substantiated. The publisher reserves the right to refuse any advertisement.
Due to non-profit mailing rate status of the Fall issue, the U.S. Postal Service prohibits advertisements for debit and credit cards, travel arrangements and insurance policies. Winter and Spring issues will be mailed First-Class, which allows the publishing of advertisements in these categories.
New clients and merchandise advertisers must pre-pay. Net due 30 days. Payment may be made by credit card (VISA or MasterCard).
Mizzou Alumni Association
123 Reynolds Alumni Center
Columbia, MO 65211
Contract and copy requirements
- A contract must be signed by all advertisers. Agency insertion orders are accepted, subject to provisions of our current rate card. Rates are subject to change without notice.
- All advertising is subject to the approval of the Publisher.
- Cancellation or changes may not be made by the advertiser or its agency after space deadlines. Cancellation or changes must be in writing. Contracts cancelled prior to completion will result in a short-rate fee. Publisher reserves the right to run the most recent advertisement when no acceptable copy is furnished or to charge for the unused space.
- All advertised manufactured products using the registered name, mark or symbol of the University of Missouri must be licensed by the University.
- Advertisers and advertising agencies assume full responsibility and liability for all contents of advertising printed and also assume liability for any claims arising therefrom.
- In the event of an error by MIZZOU, the maximum liability is limited to the space charge for that issue on the contract. In that case the space cost for that issue will be waived and the contract will be extended by one issue so that the total contract price and discounts will remain unaffected.
- Publisher shall not be liable for errors in proofs approved by advertisers.
- Publisher shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for any reason the Publisher fails to publish an advertisement.
- The Publisher shall not be subject to any liability whatever for failure to publish or circulate all or any part of an issue or issues because of cancellation of performances, strikes, work stoppages, accidents, fires, acts of God or any other circumstances not within the control of the Publisher.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the Publisher unless guaranteed position premium is paid.
- It is clearly understood and agreed that advertising and editorial are independent and that no special editorial consideration of any kind shall be part of the sales agreement.
- Advertising material will be held for one year and then discarded unless otherwise specified.
- Once an account is delinquent, MIZZOU and the MU Alumni Association have the right to demand payment in full. All owed amounts are immediately due. Accounts more than 60 days in arrears are subject to a $100 per month late fee until all of the outstanding balance is paid.
- The Publisher reserves the right to decline further advertising from any advertiser whose account is more than 60 days in arrears.